Bellows Metering Pumps
Motors – Speeds
Standard motor speeds are 39, 60, 90 and 165 RPM at 60 Hz. Gearmotors can be supplied in virtually any speed up to 165 RPM.
Motors – Voltages
Standard voltages are 115V, 50/60 Hz or 230V, 50/60 Hz. However, the following special voltages are also available: 12 and 24 VDC.
Motors – Designs
The standard motor is an open, shaded pole gearmotor. Motors are also available with brakes.
Motors – Options
Units without motors (pedestal models) are available on some models.
Standard valve body on the bellows pump is a 90° valve body. Vertical and T-head valve bodies can be substituted on all bellows sizes except the 1/2″ bellows.
Standard poppet valve materials are available. Polypropylene material can be substituted.
Bellows pumps are available with or without a stainless steel cover, front shield, on/off switch, and cord and plug.
Mounting brackets are also available with epoxy-coated rolled steel. However, a minimum quantity purchase is required.
Compact Bellows Metering Pumps
Standard motor speeds are 45.6 and 90 RPM at 60 Hz. Motors can be supplied in virtually any speed up to a maximum of 120 RPM.
Standard voltages are 115V, 50/60 Hz, or 230V, 50/60 Hz. However, the following special voltages are also available: 12 and 24VDC, or 24VAC.
The standard motor is an open, shaded pole gearmotor. Motors are also available in steppers, and DC.
Motors can be supplied with microswitches for stroke counting and cork brakes. Units without motors (pedestal models) are also available on some models.
Other options available for the compact bellows pumps include duckbill valves, miniature switches to count strokes, stainless steel mounting brackets and splash covers.
Poppet Valves and O-rings
The standard elastomers for the poppet valves and O-rings are EPT/EPDM and Viton®/Fluoroelastomer. These elastomers have historically been able to handle the vast majority of the applications in which we’ve been involved. However, Butyl, Hydrin, Kel-F®, Silicone and Nitrile can be supplied for chemicals requiring such materials.
Duckbill Valves and O-rings
Duckbill valves are required in those applications where heavy slurries and fibrous materials are being pumped. Heavy slurries should be flushed from the bellows before pump is shut down. Duckbill valves are available in the same elastomers as the poppet valves.
Standard valve body on the compact pump is a 90° valve body. Vertical and T-head valve bodies can be substituted on all bellows sizes except the 1/2″ bellows.
In addition to the standard options listed, cover options can also include different wire or cord lengths and terminations, strain reliefs and ground wires.
- Buna N
- Stainless Steel
- 304 Stainless Steel
- Buna N
- Epoxy with Stainless Steel shaft
- Stainless Steel
Two different diameter impellers are available to provide greater performance ranges. Two different diameter Noryl® impellers are available to provide greater performance ranges.
- Noryl® with 316 Stainless Steel
- Noryl® with Brass impeller shaft
Two different diameter Phenolic impellers are available to provide greater performance ranges.
- Phenolic with 316 Stainless Steel impeller shaft
- Phenolic with Brass impeller shaft
- Buna N lip seal
- Carbon vs. 316 Stainless Steel with Brass, 302 Stainless Steel and Kel-F® or Butyl and EPT/EPDM elastomers
- Carbon vs. 316 Stainless Steel with Buna N, Nitrile and 302 Stainless Steel Components
- Carbon vs. 316 Stainless Steel mechanical seals with Brass, 302 Stainless Steel, and Polyethylene, Kel-F® or Butyl components
- Carbon vs. 316 Stainless Steel with Kel-F®, Viton®/Fluoroelastomer, Brass and 302 Stainless Steel components
- Carbon vs. 316 Stainless Steel with Polyethylene, Brass and 302 Stainless Steel components
- Carbon vs. 316 Stainless Steel with Silicone, Brass and 302 Stainless Steel components
- 115V, 50/60 Hz
- 115V, 60 Hz
- 220/240V, 50 Hz
- 230V, 50 Hz
- 230V, 50/60 Hz
- 230V, 60 Hz
- Pedestal models (no motor)
Hose connection options will vary according to gear pump series selected. See OEM Options listed in individual series for further detail.
PPS Polymer (Ryton®)
- 1/8″ – straight hose barb
- 3/16″ – straight hose barb
- 1/4″ – straight hose barb
- 5/16″ – straight hose barb
- 3/8″ – straight hose barb
- 3/8″ – 90 degree elbow hose barb
Stainless Steel (SST)
- 1/8″ – NPTF pipe fitting
- 1/4″ – NPTF pipe fitting
Gear and body thickness can be machined to meet OEM’s exact flow rate and pressure specification requirements.
- PPS Polymer (Ryton®)
- 3 different gear sizes available as standard
Many motor voltage and type options are available to meet each OEM’s exact specification requirements. If the voltage and/or type required is not listed, please consult the factory.
- 12, 24 VDC brush-type
Magnetic Drive Pumps
- NSF certified models available
- 3/8″ MNPT
- Reinforced Thermoplastic Resin
- Flurosilicone (14110 & 14518/20 Series only)
- 115V, 50/60 Hz
- 115V/230V, 50/60 Hz Capacitor start, drip-proof, ball bearing, thermally protected
- 115V, 50/60Hz; 230, 50/60 Hz Explosion-proof (14520 Series only)
- 115V, 50/60 Hz; 230V, 50/60 Hz Open, shaded pole
- 115V, 50/60Hz; 230V, 50/60 Hz Open, shaded pole, impedance protected, ball bearing
- 230V, 50/60 Hz
- Brush and brushless DC available
- Drip-proof, shaded pole, thermally protected
- TEFC/PSC, thermally protected
To modify the priming or performance characteristics of the pump, two valve options are available: poppet valve or 2-piece valve.
The poppet valve provides the best priming capability and more positively prevents backflow through the pump.
The 2-piece valve generally delivers higher flows than the poppet valve.
Note: Valves are utilized on the discharge side of the pump. However, to more closely meet a customer’s specifications, valves can be used on both the inlet and outlet side.
- 1/8″ – 3/16″ I.D. Tubing
- 1/4″ I.D. Tubing
- 3/8″ I.D. Tubing
- 1/2″ I.D. Tubing
Coils, Leads and Terminals
Generally, electrical coils are available in 115V or 220V and 60 Hz. However, pumps have been supplied with 115V or 220V, 50 Hz coils, and with 12, 24, and 48 volt AC coils. In addition, coils can be constructed with different power capabilities to more effectively meet customer’s duty cycle needs.
Leads can be up to 6 feet long with any termination. Most common are 6 inch leads with 1/4 inch male spade terminals.
- Rubber Mount
- Spring Mount with Base
- Spring Mount
The oscillating pump can be provided with three mounting styles. The rubber mount design is more compact and less expensive; however, flow rate, priming capability and discharge head are lower than the spring mounted pumps. The spring mounted model is more efficient and transmits less vibration to the mounting structure.